Master of Arts in Chaplaincy
This special Master of Arts degree is for students called to provide spiritual support and guidance outside the local church. Unlike the Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy Studies, this degree does not require language training, yet it meets the military’s 72 hour requirement. The Chaplaincy MA degree will provide a solid biblical and theological underpinning as well as a balanced training in pastoral counseling skills and intercultural studies. This Masters in Chaplaincy will provide solid foundational training that prepares individuals to become a chaplain for ministry in military, hospital, sports, marketplace and prison settings.
The following types of students are encouraged to consider this program:
- Those already having had several years of vocational ministry experience who desire further theological study in order to be better prepared for a chaplaincy role.
- Students desiring additional theological study for their particular field of ministry.
This is a terminal degree program for those who do not plan to pursue a Doctor of Ministry degree in the future.
In order to be considered for enrollment in the Master of Arts program at Grace Theological Seminary, you must fulfill certain admissions requirements:
- A four-year bachelor‘s degree or its equivalent (for international students) from a recognized institution of higher learning. Graduates of Bible colleges, liberal arts colleges, and state colleges and universities are encouraged to apply.
- A student who received his or her pre-seminary education at an institution that is not accredited or who achieved less than a 2.5 GPA in pre-seminary education may be admitted on academic restriction.
In order to be considered for admission, the student must provide:
- Official transcripts from the school where you obtained your bachelor’s degree. If you are currently working on your degree, you can submit an unofficial transcript for admission until term completion, at which time an official transcript is required. Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A spiritual life reference
- Additionally, international applicant must provide a copy of TESOL test scores, and provide a financial certificate indicating sufficient funding for the program of study.