Master of Divinity General Ministry
Deploy Master of Divinity
Through Deploy, Grace Seminary offers a Master of Divinity in General Ministry (90-credit equivalence). The MDiv online degree path provides excellent training for those who aspire to or are involved in vocational ministry, especially those interested in preaching, teaching, senior leadership, and/or continuing scholarship. This Master of Divinity degree is comprehensive and includes coursework in theology, hermeneutics, spiritual formation, biblical exegesis, biblical theology, intercultural studies, leadership, and a variety of other practical ministry competencies.
Deploy is a competency-based theological education model that enables students to get ministry training while remaining in their ministry context. The Deploy curriculum is organized around competencies, rather than traditional courses, and has been shaped through collaboration between seminary faculty and frontline ministry leaders. Deploy students also receive ministry-coaching from onsite mentors who serve alongside of them in their ministry context.
In order to be considered for enrollment in the Master of Divinity in General Ministry offered through Deploy, applicants must fulfill certain admissions requirements:
- A four-year bachelor‘s degree or its equivalent (for international students) from a recognized institution of higher learning, with a GPA of 2.5 or above. Graduates of Bible colleges, liberal arts colleges, and state colleges and universities are encouraged to apply.
- Note: A student who received his or her pre-seminary education at an institution that is not accredited or who achieved less than a 2.5 GPA in pre-seminary education may be admitted on academic restriction.
In order to be considered for admission, the student must provide:
- Official transcripts from the school where you obtained your bachelor’s degree. If you are currently working on your degree, you can submit an unofficial transcript for admission until term completion, at which time an official transcript is required. Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A spiritual life reference
- Additionally, international applicant must provide a copy of TESOL test scores, and provide a financial certificate indicating sufficient funding for the program of study.