Intercultural Studies, M.A.
Intercultural Studies Masters
A major part of ministry in God’s work today is in an international setting, either in missions, where it is cross-cultural, or in a person’s home country, where it is multicultural. Missionaries and pastors must be spiritually and practically prepared to be effective in our changing world with its variety of cultural worldviews. To prepare people for this ministry, Grace Theological Seminary offers a 48-hour Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies.
This Intercultural Studies MA degree includes coursework in Bible, theology, hermeneutics, spiritual formation and prayer, intercultural and missions courses, and a six-credit hour required internship.
The following types of students are encouraged to consider this program:
- Those already having had several years of vocational ministry experience who desire further theological study in order to be better prepared for the pastoral role.
- Students desiring additional theological study for their particular field of ministry.
This is a terminal degree program for those who do not plan to pursue a Doctor of Ministry degree in the future.
In order to be considered for enrollment in the Master of Arts program at Grace Theological Seminary, you must fulfill certain admissions requirements:
- A four-year bachelor‘s degree or its equivalent (for international students) from a recognized institution of higher learning. Graduates of Bible colleges, liberal arts colleges, and state colleges and universities are encouraged to apply.
- A student who received his or her pre-seminary education at an institution that is not accredited or who achieved less than a 2.5 GPA in pre-seminary education may be admitted on academic restriction.
In order to be considered for admission, the student must provide:
- Official transcripts from the school where you obtained your bachelor’s degree. If you are currently working on your degree, you can submit an unofficial transcript for admission until term completion, at which time an official transcript is required. Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A spiritual life reference
- Additionally, international applicant must provide a copy of TESOL test scores, and provide a financial certificate indicating sufficient funding for the program of study.